Child Custody Procedures

A parent must provide original legal documents to prevent a child from being released to a non-custodial parent. The Silver Creek Central School District must presume that either parent of a child has authority to obtain a child’s release order, unless the District has a certified copy of a court-binding instrument (i.e., a court order or decree of divorce) that restricts the non-custodial parent’s access to the child and/or information concerning that child.